Before choosing a cemetery:
- Know a cemetery’s rules & restrictions. Some cemeteries only allow certain kinds or sizes of markers.
- Ask what opening & closing costs are at your chosen cemetery.
- Some cemeteries pour their own foundations, check their prices.
When you’re ready to shop for a memorial, here are some questions to consider:
- If shopping for a granite monument, would you like carvings or etchings or both?
- Would you like a portrait, & if so, would you prefer a porcelain portrait or etched portrait?
- What color of granite do you prefer?
- Keep in mind, hand & laser etchings work best on black granite.
- Would you like a flower vase or vases on your monument?